Wednesday, January 26, 2011

returnism

I'm back from the southern hemisphere with a new numerical age (though not a new mental or emotional age) ready to start a lot of new beginnings.

I ended my affair with the guy mentioned in this post. We got along better sans les vĂȘtements, c'est le vie. Unfortunate because I thought we might have had "something" but then I realized that I could never devote myself to someone who refrained from doing what felt good because he was too concerned with what looked good. Cuz I don't give a damn about my bad reputation. Plus none of my friends liked him. Not. A. Single. One. Love is blind, but bystanders usually aren't. Food for thought.

Interestingly enough all the produce in the Dutch Antilles is shipped in from the US so I was basically eating the same things I'd be eating here which was a disappointing. I did pick up a Caribbean cookbook however and if anyone knows where I can buy iguana meat let me know. It's not sold at Trader Joe's.

A few photo highlights.

the end of the earth
a bird in hand is worth 2 in a birdcage
proof i was actually there




One side of the island was white sand and calm seas the other side crashing waves against lava rock cliffs, the dichotomy is not lost on me. It's not too late for me to change the location of the bakery. Dessert for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment